BY Brandon Voss
June 03 2011 3:10 PM ET
4. DVD: Who Took the Bomp? Le Tigre on Tour and This Time
These new music documentaries rock! Kerthy Fix’s revealing concert doc Who Took the Bomp? flashes an all-access backstage pass for the 2004 world tour of electro-feminist queer-inclusive icons Le Tigre. Out filmmaker Victor Mignatti’s inspiring This Time, which follows various artists struggling to find success, features gay cabaret star Bobby Belfry, gay producer Peitor Angell, and lesbian minister Estelle Brown of the Sweet Inspirations.
3. BOOK: Steven Petrow’s Complete Gay & Lesbian Manners
What could’ve easily become a novelty book has emerged as an exhaustively researched, essential resource thanks to advice columnist and etiquette expert Steven Petrow, who thoughtfully dispenses practical wisdom on uniquely gay situations like coming out, dealing with antigay discrimination and unsupportive family, same-sex wedding ceremonies, social media privacy, gay sex, and more, always making a point to facilitate a gay-straight alliance.
2. TV: The Real L Word
Representing the Los Angeles lesbian scene, the second season of this sexy Showtime reality series premieres June 5 with mostly new faces and returning favorite Whitney, who may or may not haul out the strap-on again with Sara, Romi, and ex-girlfriend Rachel. Will you relate to L.A. newbie Claire, who’s starting up an online lesbian magazine? Or with butch activist Sadjah, who was once nominated for prom queen?
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Why Does Vogue Think Bisexuality Is a Phase?
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World