BY Brandon Voss
June 08 2011 7:30 PM ET
7. TV: Two Spirits
Airing June 14 on the PBS series Independent Lens, Lydia Nibley’s moving documentary Two Spirits explores the brief life and brutal hate-crime murder of Fred Martinez, a 16-year-old Navajo viewed as a nádleehi (“one who is transformed”), a person with both masculine and feminine essences — a dual-gender trait ironically revered and respected in traditional Navajo culture. The film features music by Patti Smith and Navajo artists.
6. BOOK: Remembrance of Things I Forgot, Bob Smith
In gay writer-comedian and master storyteller Bob Smith’s hilarious and heartwarming second novel — a Proustian blend of sci-fi, autobiographical fiction, and political satire — a middle-aged comic book dealer travels in his physicist ex-boyfriend’s time machine to 1986, where he schools his younger self (“I’m you, only with less hair and problems you can’t imagine”) and attempts to stop George W. Bush from becoming president.
5. TV: Boombox
Charismatic New York nightclub DJ and rap artist Cazwell hosts this cutting-edge music video showcase, which will feature world premieres, exclusive artist interviews, and outrageous guests such as Amanda Lepore and J.D. Samson. A sexy throwback to the old-school MTV VJ scene, the series begins June 10 on here! TV and here! Online — the day the network debuts Threesome, a celebrity roundtable discussion of gay sex and dating.
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 4:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Love Starts With Acceptance 4:00 AM
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! December 05 2013 6:54 PM