BY Brandon Voss
June 17 2011 3:35 PM ET
10. TV: Staten Island Cakes
The latest cake-related reality show, which begins baking June 21 on WE, focuses on Vinny Buzzetta, the 21-year-old executive pastry chef and owner of the Cake Artist, Staten Island’s go-to bakery for weddings and other special occasions. Expect to see a lot of Vinny’s big Italian family — Vinny still lives at home and his mother and sister work in the shop — as well as Vinny’s boyfriend, choreographer Spiro Grammatikopoulos.
9. THEATER: Homosexuals
As part of its 15th anniversary season, About Face Theatre — a Chicago company specializing in new works exploring gender and sexual identity — stages the world premiere of Philip Dawkins's play about a young gay man who meets a circle of friends and lovers on his first night in a new Midwestern city. Inspired by Mart Crowley’s The Boys in the Band, it opens June 19 at the Victory Gardens Richard Christiansen Theater.
8. DVD: Beyond Gay: The Politics of Pride
In Bob Christie’s powerful documentary, which is out and proud June 20 on DVD, cameras follow Canadian pride festival planner Ken Coolen and his colleagues as they travel around the world to explore the joyous parades, the saddening prejudice, and the often violent outbreaks of opposition that accompany a variety of gay pride events in such cities as Colombo, São Paulo, Moscow, Zurich, Vancouver, and New York City.
- Entertainment News Ian McKellen Surprised Hobbit Fans At Desolation of Smaug Screening 1 hour 38 min ago
- Travel Sia Wants You to Help the Street Animals of India 5:23 PM
- Media BBC to Air Buffy The Vampire Slayer Retrospective 4:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Julia Roberts Is the Caboose in an Ellen DeGeneres Conga Line! 4:49 PM
- Sports Chicago Gay Hockey Association Wins at Celebrating Christmas 4:19 PM
- Entertainment News Paul Rudd On Witnessing a Drag Queen Brawl 3:52 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Airline 3:49 PM