BY Brandon Voss
June 17 2011 4:35 PM ET
4. BOOK: See a Little Light: The Trail of Rage and Melody, Bob Mould
Bob Mould’s inspirational new autobiography details a small-town boy’s struggles with addiction and long journey to self-acceptance as a gay man, but it rocks hardest when candidly chronicling the bear icon’s influential music career, from his explosion onto the scene with ’80s punk band Hüsker Dü to his cocreation of the DJ duo Blowoff. For a full schedule of summer readings, acoustic performances, and DJ dates, visit BobMould.com.
3. BOOK: Transparent, Don Lemon
Having been at the forefront of coverage of Hurricane Katrina, Barack Obama’s election, and the African AIDS epidemic, CNN’s Emmy-winning journalist Don Lemon made headlines of his own when he came out as the victim of a male pedophile and, more recently, as a gay man. In his just-released memoir, Lemon looks back at how he overcame pain and discrimination in Louisiana to become one of the most prominent faces of TV news.
2. FILM: Frameline35
The 35th anniversary season of San Francisco’s LGBT film festival runs through June 26 with the following highlights (pictured clockwise from top left): the world premiere of Longhorns, David Lewis’s ’80s-set comedy about horny Texan frat boys; Bite Marks, Mark Bessenger’s gay vampire buddy comedy; the Chely Wright documentary Wish Me Away; and August, Eldar Rapaport’s drama about two L.A. lovers tangled in a threesome.
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! March 10 2014 6:22 PM
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias March 10 2014 6:08 PM