BY Brandon Voss
June 24 2011 2:50 PM ET
4. MUSIC: Something in the Moonlight, Steven Grossman
The moody, loungey posthumous sophomore release of pioneering gay singer-songwriter Steven Grossman coincides with the 20th anniversary of his AIDS-related death on June 23, 1991. A follow-up to 1974’s Caravan Tonight — considered the first candidly gay-themed album by an out artist issued on a major label — Moonlight is playful and frank: “Buena Vista” captures the cruisy San Fran gay scene, and “Step” is about “the big A.”
3. THEATER: The 20th Annual HOT! Festival
New York City’s “celebration of queer culture,” which features original performances by more than 100 LGBT artists, kicks off June 24 and runs through August 6 at Dixon Place. Highlights include The Tom Judson Show; Marga Gomez in Not Getting Any Younger; Night Mother, a top 40 and YouTube tribute by Erin Markey and Cole Escola; and From the Front Porch: An Evening with David Mixner. For a full schedule, visit HotFestival.org.
2. TV: Carson Nation
After cohosting Your OWN Show, Queer Eye’s Carson Kressley returns to OWN June 25 with his own reality series. With a vintage Airstream and his assistant in tow, Kressley trucks his fabulous sense of style, his fashion know-how, and his outrageous personality across the country, making over — he calls them “make-betters” — small towns one deserving person at a time. Each town promises fun, adventure, and inspirational change.
- Travel First Same-Sex Couple to Wed at Roman Baths 17 min 11 sec ago
- Politics S.C. House Approves Budget Cuts to Colleges With LGBT Curricula 27 min 2 sec ago
- Travel Brooklyn-Bound Girls Bus Tour Being Floated 53 min 32 sec ago
- Sports Jason Collins Will Remain With Brooklyn Nets 1 hour 47 sec ago
- Theater Adam Shankman to Helm Hair at Hollywood Bowl 1 hour 7 min ago
- Women Out Musician Soko On Being a Part of 'First Kiss' Viral Video 1 hour 12 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment EXCLUSIVE: Elton John's Las Vegas Performance of 'Benny and the Jets' 2 hours 4 min ago