BY Brandon Voss
June 24 2011 2:50 PM ET
4. MUSIC: Something in the Moonlight, Steven Grossman
The moody, loungey posthumous sophomore release of pioneering gay singer-songwriter Steven Grossman coincides with the 20th anniversary of his AIDS-related death on June 23, 1991. A follow-up to 1974’s Caravan Tonight — considered the first candidly gay-themed album by an out artist issued on a major label — Moonlight is playful and frank: “Buena Vista” captures the cruisy San Fran gay scene, and “Step” is about “the big A.”
3. THEATER: The 20th Annual HOT! Festival
New York City’s “celebration of queer culture,” which features original performances by more than 100 LGBT artists, kicks off June 24 and runs through August 6 at Dixon Place. Highlights include The Tom Judson Show; Marga Gomez in Not Getting Any Younger; Night Mother, a top 40 and YouTube tribute by Erin Markey and Cole Escola; and From the Front Porch: An Evening with David Mixner. For a full schedule, visit HotFestival.org.
2. TV: Carson Nation
After cohosting Your OWN Show, Queer Eye’s Carson Kressley returns to OWN June 25 with his own reality series. With a vintage Airstream and his assistant in tow, Kressley trucks his fabulous sense of style, his fashion know-how, and his outrageous personality across the country, making over — he calls them “make-betters” — small towns one deserving person at a time. Each town promises fun, adventure, and inspirational change.
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 18 min 51 sec ago
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 1 hour 29 min ago
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop Dolan to NFL Hopeful Michael Sam: 'Bravo' UPDATED: March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM