BY Brandon Voss
July 01 2011 11:00 AM ET
7. THEATER: The Judy Show – My Life as a Sitcom
Lesbian comedian Judy Gold, who has dreamed of starring in a sitcom since she was a little girl, looks at her life through the lens of classic sitcoms from the ’70s, ’80s, and ’90s in this multimedia musical comedy. Written by Gold and gay 25 Questions for a Jewish Mother collaborator Kate Moira Ryan with additional material by gay comedy writers Eric Kornfeld and Bob Smith, the show opens July 6 at off-Broadway’s DR2 Theater.
6. THEATER: Kowalski
Directed by Rick Shaw, the world premiere of Gregg Ostrin’s drama, which opened June 30 and runs through September 4 at Two Roads Theater in Studio City, Calif., imagines a virtually unknown Marlon Brando’s infamous 1947 audition at the Cape Cod vacation home of Tennessee Williams to play Stanley Kowalski in Broadway’s A Streetcar Named Desire. Curt Bonnem and Ignacio Serricchio star as Williams and Brando, respectively.
5. CABARET: Seth Rudetsky’s Broadway Series at the Art House
Legendary gay actor, writer, and drag artiste Charles Busch makes his Provincetown, Mass., debut July 2 and July 3 as part of a new concert series hosted by out Broadway and Sirius XM Radio star Seth Rudetsky at the Art House. With Rudetsky at the piano, other artists performing through September 4 include Adam Pascal, Andrea McArdle, Ana Gasteyer, Gavin Creel, and Andrea Martin. For tickets visit PtownArtHouse.com.
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM