BY Brandon Voss
July 15 2011 1:20 PM ET
10. MAGAZINE: Fuzz
Cuddle up to the debut issue of Fuzz, a bi-monthly magazine of artistic photography — available in print and PDF at fuzzthemagazine.com — of furry gents in various states of undress. All the “real men” in the premiere July/August issue have been handpicked and photographed by the ’zine’s owner-publisher, Kevin Rogers, whom you might remember as the Tennessee native responsible for exposing Tracy Morgan’s homophobic rant.
9. DVD: Potiche
Set in 1977 France and based on a play by Barillet and Grédy of Cactus Flower fame, this fun French-language film by gay filmmaker François Ozon stars a radiant Catherine Deneuve as a “potiche” — or “trophy housewife” — who takes over her tyrannical husband’s umbrella factory. Out July 19, the candy-colored comedy also stars a tight-trousered Jérémie Renier as her obliviously gay son, who may be dating his half-brother.
8. BOOK: Queer: The Ultimate LGBT Guide for Teens
Thanks to gay coauthors Kathy Belge and Marke Bieschke, who pepper general wisdom with candid personal anecdotes, this indispensable new paperback for LGBT and questioning teens has all the right answers about coming out, dating, finding like-minded friends, overcoming prejudice, and more. As a bonus, this accessible book boasts sassy little illustrations of sassy queer characters courtesy of Christian Robinson.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Can Marc Carson's Murder Have as Much Impact as Matthew Shepard's? 1 hour 36 min ago
- Music The Comeback: ABBA's Agnetha Fältskog 1 hour 56 min ago
- Travel 10 of Europe's Gayest Beaches 7:33 AM
- Current Issue The South's Longer Wait for Equality 4:00 AM
- Current Issue Editor's Letter: Why One Couple's Story Should Worry You 4:00 AM
- Current Issue The Small Southwestern Town That Went Rogue 4:00 AM
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs May 19 2013 6:02 PM