BY Brandon Voss
July 15 2011 1:20 PM ET
4. FILM: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
Holy Horcruxes! Based on J.K. Rowling’s fantasy book series, the epic films that introduced the world to vocal gay ally and Trevor Project spokesman Daniel Radcliffe come to an end with the July 15 premiere of the eighth magical installment. And — spoiler alert! — Michael Gambon is back in some fashion as everyone’s favorite gay wizard, Albus Dumbledore, who was killed in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
3. TV: Style Exposed: “Born Male, Living Female”
Premiering July 16, the second installment of Style Network’s new documentary series takes an in-depth look at the lives of five male-to-female transgender people — a model, a musician, a fashion executive, a counselor, and an escort — living in New York City and confronting issues of sexual identity, relationships, surgery, and daily discrimination. The subjects include Nina Poon (pictured), former cohost of VH1’s TRANSform Me.
2. DANCE: Fire Island Dance Festival 17
Produced by and benefiting Dancers Responding to AIDS, a program of Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, this annual dance concert is the sexiest thing you can do in Fire Island Pines with your clothes on. From July 15 through July 17, artists such as Brandon Bryant, Kyle Abraham, and Paul Taylor Dance Company perform on a waterfront stage with a backdrop of Great South Bay. For more info, visit dradance.org.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding