BY Brandon Voss
July 29 2011 12:45 PM ET
7. ART: 15 Minutes: Homage To Andy Warhol
Released August 2 to coincide with Warhol’s birthday on August 6, Legacy debuts a box set based on the artistry of 18 of Warhol’s colleagues and disciples, each represented by amazing silkscreen prints with eclectic audio components. Curated and produced by conceptualist Jeff Gordon with painter Path Soong, the set — available exclusively at fifteenminutesonline.com — comes in $600 standard and $20,000 deluxe versions.
6. TV: The Lady with 700 Cats
Though she prefers not to be called a crazy cat lady, the saintly Lynea Lattanzio runs California's largest cat sanctuary and adoption center, a no-cage and no-kill haven that welcomes abandoned kitties on a daily basis and includes a “retirement home” for elderly felines. As a gay bonus, this wacky yet inspirational documentary special, which premieres July 30 on Nat Geo WILD, is narrated by Glee star and cat-owner Jane Lynch.
5. THEATER: The Book of Merman
Hot off The Loose Chanteuse and the underrated off-Broadway flop Lucky Guy, Varla Jean Merman — the beloved drag creation of Jeffery Roberson — brings her latest solo act to the Art House in Provincetown, Mass., August 4 through September 17. Sponsored by Manhunt and Fleet Naturals, the divine Miss Merman’s raunchy live memoir features Tom Judson (gay porn star Gus Mattox) on piano. For tickets, visit ptownarthouse.com.
- Artist Spotlight: Boots Bryant
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 90,000-Plus and Counting: Petition to Cancel Duggars' Show Gains Momentum
- Transgender Day of Remembrance: Those We've Lost in 2014
- Country Music Star Ty Herndon Comes Out as Gay
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died