BY Brandon Voss
August 11 2011 11:30 PM ET
4. FILM: Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Directed by Kevin Tancharoen of the 2009 Fame remake, the film version of Glee’s U.S. summer tour opens August 12. Jane Lynch is relegated to the DVD extras, but you’ll be center stage with gay-fan favorites like Chris Colfer, Ashley Fink, Naya Rivera, and Heather Morris, who maximizes the 3D potential of her boobs. Between numbers we meet teens whose lives are impacted by Glee, including a gay kid forced out of the closet.
3. BOOK: The Junket, Mike Albo
Available exclusively on Kindle, gay novelist and freelance writer Mike Albo’s satirical new novella is a “totally fictional” account of a freelancer named Mike Albo who loses his job as a store-reviewer for a major New York publication after he accepts a free trip to Jamaica. The real Albo, who may have gone through a similar situation in 2009, exercises his pop-cultural wit as he exposes a literary underworld of secrets and swag.
2. TV: Behind the Music: Ricky Martin
In the August 14 episode of VH1’s Behind the Music series, Martin opens up about his first boyfriend, his current partner, fatherhood, and his choice to come out as gay. “I was trying to believe so hard from the bottom of my heart that I was not gay because what I was presenting on stage was not that,” he says. The exposé also features interviews with Enrique Iglesias, ex-members of Menudo, and former GLAAD president Jarrett Barrios.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'