BY Brandon Voss
August 19 2011 3:45 AM ET
10. CALENDAR: Shirts & Skins 2012-13 DCGFFL Calendar
There are scores of gay sports leagues across America, but few put out calendars, and even fewer put out calendars as sexy as the DCGFFL, the only gay flag football league in Washington, D.C. Following the success of the league’s many antibullying efforts, half the proceeds from the sale of Shirts & Skins — a two-year beefcake calendar featuring gay and straight players — fund LGBT youth programs. For more info visit DCGFFL.org.
9. DVD: Brothers and Sisters: The Complete Fifth Season
The fifth and final season of ABC’s Brothers and Sisters, which is available August 23 on DVD, provides closure for one of television’s most beloved gay couples, Kevin and Scotty (Matthew Rhys and Luke Macfarlane), who adopt a 12-year-old Latina and reunite with their kidnapped baby after dealing with Scotty’s infidelity. Also, HIV-positive boyfriends Uncle Saul (Ron Rifkin) and Jonathan (Richard Chamberlain) get engaged.
8. TV: My Collection Obsession
Shoes, dolls, and even vacuums come tumbling out of the closet in a new Hoarders-esque special airing August 21 on TLC. Dolly Parton even shows up to surprise super-fan couple Patrick Parkey and Harrell Gabehart, who have transformed their three-story Pigeon Forge, Tenn., home into a shrine to the country star that’s overstuffed with life-size cutouts, sequined costumes, and more stalkerish memorabilia like an old car title.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure