BY Brandon Voss
August 26 2011 1:55 PM ET
4. TV: Style Exposed: “Transgender Kids”
Premiering August 27, the latest installment of Style Network’s riveting documentary series — which previously included an episode titled “Born Male, Living Female” — takes an in-depth look at the lives of three inspirational transgender children and the many challenges that they and their families face. The young subjects include Chris (pictured), a boy who was born female but soon ditched frilly dresses for baseball caps.
3. FILM: Circumstance
A Sundance 2011 Audience Award winner, bisexual Iranian-American filmmaker Maryam Keshavarz’s sensuous debut feature opens August 26 in limited release. It’s a suspenseful coming-of-age love story between two Iranian girls, Atafeh and her schoolmate Shireen, who risk arrest by the morality police as they develop a taboo relationship while exploring Tehran’s underground party scene with youthful rebellion.
2. FILM: Our Idiot Brother
Jesse Peretz’s terrific ensemble comedy, which is in theaters August 26, stars Paul Rudd as a lovable pot-smoking man-child — and the bane of the existence of his three uptight sisters, played by Elizabeth Banks, Zooey Deschanel, and Emily Mortimer. Deschanel is as adorable as ever as Natalie, a bisexual hipster who’s unfaithful to her loyal girlfriend Cindy, a boyish lesbian lawyer nailed by Parks and Recreation star Rashida Jones.
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous
- WATCH: Billy Eichner and Amy Poehler Have Aggressive Christmas Spirit
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- Travel PHOTOS: Whet Your Appetite for Gay Polo's Biggest Event 4 min 14 sec ago
- Television Behind The Candelabra Leads Golden Globes' TV Awards With 4 Noms 51 min 41 sec ago
- Comedy WATCH: Billy Eichner and Amy Poehler Have Aggressive Christmas Spirit 2 hours 46 min ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 7:00 AM
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 6:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 5:00 AM
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 5:00 AM