BY Brandon Voss
August 26 2011 2:55 PM ET
4. TV: Style Exposed: “Transgender Kids”
Premiering August 27, the latest installment of Style Network’s riveting documentary series — which previously included an episode titled “Born Male, Living Female” — takes an in-depth look at the lives of three inspirational transgender children and the many challenges that they and their families face. The young subjects include Chris (pictured), a boy who was born female but soon ditched frilly dresses for baseball caps.
3. FILM: Circumstance
A Sundance 2011 Audience Award winner, bisexual Iranian-American filmmaker Maryam Keshavarz’s sensuous debut feature opens August 26 in limited release. It’s a suspenseful coming-of-age love story between two Iranian girls, Atafeh and her schoolmate Shireen, who risk arrest by the morality police as they develop a taboo relationship while exploring Tehran’s underground party scene with youthful rebellion.
2. FILM: Our Idiot Brother
Jesse Peretz’s terrific ensemble comedy, which is in theaters August 26, stars Paul Rudd as a lovable pot-smoking man-child — and the bane of the existence of his three uptight sisters, played by Elizabeth Banks, Zooey Deschanel, and Emily Mortimer. Deschanel is as adorable as ever as Natalie, a bisexual hipster who’s unfaithful to her loyal girlfriend Cindy, a boyish lesbian lawyer nailed by Parks and Recreation star Rashida Jones.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families March 11 2014 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia March 11 2014 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis March 11 2014 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 March 11 2014 5:55 PM