BY Brandon Voss
August 26 2011 2:55 PM ET
1. MUSIC: Guitar Passions, Sharon Isbin & Friends; Play Like a Girl, Jean and June Millington; Sister Vagabond, Candye Kane; and How to Untangle a Heartache, Driftwood Fire
Let’s hear it for queer female musicians: Lesbian classical guitarist Isbin pays tribute to her guitar heroes; Philippines-born rockers Jean and lesbian sister June, founding members of Fanny, release their first album in 10 years; Kane’s latest is inspired by the bisexual blues-belter’s triumph over cancer; and the full-length debut from partners Lynn Scharf and Charlotte Formichella of Colorado duo Driftwood Fire is folk-pop at its best.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- PHOTOS: Diverse Trans* Beauty All Year Long
- Michael Sam, Cowboys Welcome Lull in Media Attention