BY Brandon Voss
September 09 2011 3:00 AM ET
10. THEATRE: What’s Wrong with Angry?
The 29th season of Celebration Theatre in L.A. — its first season under new artistic director John Michael Beck — kicks off with the September 9 opening of Patrick Wilde’s controversial 1992 play, a bittersweet love story about cute British schoolboys. Set during a time when the age of consent for gays was five years older than that for straights, the play was adapted for the 1998 film Get Real. For more info visit CelebrationTheatre.com.
9. TV: Survivor: South Pacific
Survivor’s 23rd season, which premieres September 14 on CBS, includes a furry gay competitor among its attractive castaways who might become the reality show’s biggest bear icon since Richard Hatch: Hoping to outwit, outplay, and outlast is Mark Anthony Caruso (pictured), a 48-year-old New Yorker and retired NYPD morgue detective who calls himself “Daddy Bear” and describes himself as “funny, sarcastic, and lovable.”
8. TV: Gaga by Gaultier
When Lady Gaga sat down with Jean Paul Gaultier at the gay fashion designer’s Paris atelier, the two icons discussed Gaga's rise to fame, her fans, her performances, her marketing strategy, her bisexuality, her drug use, and, of course, fashion. Thank “capital H-i-m” that this chat was taped for a French documentary special — promoted by Gaga and Gaultier in kinky nun and priest drag — which now airs September 12 on the CW.
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon Like This
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback December 09 2013 4:10 PM
- Business America's Best Places to Work, According to HRC December 09 2013 3:49 PM