BY Brandon Voss
September 09 2011 4:00 AM ET
10. THEATRE: What’s Wrong with Angry?
The 29th season of Celebration Theatre in L.A. — its first season under new artistic director John Michael Beck — kicks off with the September 9 opening of Patrick Wilde’s controversial 1992 play, a bittersweet love story about cute British schoolboys. Set during a time when the age of consent for gays was five years older than that for straights, the play was adapted for the 1998 film Get Real. For more info visit CelebrationTheatre.com.
9. TV: Survivor: South Pacific
Survivor’s 23rd season, which premieres September 14 on CBS, includes a furry gay competitor among its attractive castaways who might become the reality show’s biggest bear icon since Richard Hatch: Hoping to outwit, outplay, and outlast is Mark Anthony Caruso (pictured), a 48-year-old New Yorker and retired NYPD morgue detective who calls himself “Daddy Bear” and describes himself as “funny, sarcastic, and lovable.”
8. TV: Gaga by Gaultier
When Lady Gaga sat down with Jean Paul Gaultier at the gay fashion designer’s Paris atelier, the two icons discussed Gaga's rise to fame, her fans, her performances, her marketing strategy, her bisexuality, her drug use, and, of course, fashion. Thank “capital H-i-m” that this chat was taped for a French documentary special — promoted by Gaga and Gaultier in kinky nun and priest drag — which now airs September 12 on the CW.
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The 13 Biggest Trolls in Media
- Katelynn on Caitlyn: I Am Cait Through the Eyes of TV's First Trans Reality Star
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Debunking Bill Cosby's Claim He Can Read Women's Desires, Accuser Comes Out As Lesbian