Trans Rights: What Capitol Hill Could Learn From Corporate America
BY Neal Broverman
September 13 2011 4:00 AM ET
To reflect a changing world and encourage a more inclusive one, the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index is adding more transgender-specific criteria to its list of policy requirements. For companies to now receive a perfect 100%, they must offer insurance benefits that cover gender-reassignment surgery. Many of the nation’s biggest and best-known corporations passed HRC’s test and are taking additional steps to improve the workplace for transgender employees.
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers