Trans Rights: What Capitol Hill Could Learn From Corporate America
BY Neal Broverman
September 13 2011 4:00 AM ET
To reflect a changing world and encourage a more inclusive one, the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index is adding more transgender-specific criteria to its list of policy requirements. For companies to now receive a perfect 100%, they must offer insurance benefits that cover gender-reassignment surgery. Many of the nation’s biggest and best-known corporations passed HRC’s test and are taking additional steps to improve the workplace for transgender employees.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- PHOTOS: Michael C. Hall Wigs Out in Hedwig