Trans Rights: What Capitol Hill Could Learn From Corporate America
BY Neal Broverman
September 13 2011 4:00 AM ET
To reflect a changing world and encourage a more inclusive one, the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index is adding more transgender-specific criteria to its list of policy requirements. For companies to now receive a perfect 100%, they must offer insurance benefits that cover gender-reassignment surgery. Many of the nation’s biggest and best-known corporations passed HRC’s test and are taking additional steps to improve the workplace for transgender employees.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room