Trans Rights: What Capitol Hill Could Learn From Corporate America
BY Neal Broverman
September 13 2011 4:00 AM ET
which grant access to fitting rooms and restrooms of transitioning
employees’ choice, in place in 2006. “We offered special training in
intimate apparel departments for sales associates to help transgender
individuals with fittings,” Beth Charlton of Macy’s corporate
communications department tells us. “We also have offered training to
our store managers, law department, and human resources regarding our
transgender policy.” The company has also recruited for transgender
employees in its San Francisco stores.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?