Trans Rights: What Capitol Hill Could Learn From Corporate America
BY Neal Broverman
September 13 2011 4:00 AM ET
which grant access to fitting rooms and restrooms of transitioning
employees’ choice, in place in 2006. “We offered special training in
intimate apparel departments for sales associates to help transgender
individuals with fittings,” Beth Charlton of Macy’s corporate
communications department tells us. “We also have offered training to
our store managers, law department, and human resources regarding our
transgender policy.” The company has also recruited for transgender
employees in its San Francisco stores.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- WATCH: A Straight Wedding Morphs Into a Gay Proposal