Trans Rights: What Capitol Hill Could Learn From Corporate America
BY Neal Broverman
September 13 2011 3:00 AM ET
which grant access to fitting rooms and restrooms of transitioning
employees’ choice, in place in 2006. “We offered special training in
intimate apparel departments for sales associates to help transgender
individuals with fittings,” Beth Charlton of Macy’s corporate
communications department tells us. “We also have offered training to
our store managers, law department, and human resources regarding our
transgender policy.” The company has also recruited for transgender
employees in its San Francisco stores.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- Media PHOTOS: Adam Lambert, Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer, Fergie at TrevorLIVE Benefit 2 hours 43 min ago
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback December 09 2013 4:10 PM