Trans Rights: What Capitol Hill Could Learn From Corporate America
BY Neal Broverman
September 13 2011 4:00 AM ET
which grant access to fitting rooms and restrooms of transitioning
employees’ choice, in place in 2006. “We offered special training in
intimate apparel departments for sales associates to help transgender
individuals with fittings,” Beth Charlton of Macy’s corporate
communications department tells us. “We also have offered training to
our store managers, law department, and human resources regarding our
transgender policy.” The company has also recruited for transgender
employees in its San Francisco stores.
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Top Filipino Singer-Actor Comes Out as a Transgender Man
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- What Book Changed the Lives of Our '40 Under 40'?