BY Brandon Voss
September 16 2011 9:35 AM ET
10. DVD: Wishful Drinking
Carrie Fisher’s candid one-woman show, which was filmed for HBO and directed by out filmmakers Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato, is now on DVD. As warm as a wacky, wisecracking aunt, Fisher pays homage to her Pez dispenser–friendly Princess Leia past and addresses ex-hubby Bryan Lourd’s accusation that she turned him gay. She also discusses R. Gregory Stevens, the gay Republican who died of an overdose in her bed.
9. CD: Still Right Here, Melissa Ferrick
Celebrating more than 20 years behind the microphone, lesbian singer-songwriter, acoustic guitarist, and consummate live performer Melissa Ferrick has just released her latest album, a tuneful, largely peppy collection exuding optimism, sincerity, and coffeehouse charm. “You Let Me Be” features guest vocals from bisexual folk icon Ani DiFranco, and “Headphones On” features hot riffs from lesbian guitarist Kaki King.
8. FILM: 3
Opening September 16 in limited release, the latest from Run Lola Run’s Tom Tykwer — his first German-language film in 10 years — is a steamy romantic drama that also pays tribute to classic screwball comedies. A sleek yet fanciful exploration of hipster-y sexual fluidity, the film centers on Hanna and Simon, a 40-something Berlin couple who, unbeknownst to each other, begin affairs and fall in love with the same younger man.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- Homeless man charged in gay Texas student's death
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality