BY Brandon Voss
September 16 2011 9:35 AM ET
4. TV: Dancing with the Stars
Whether Fox News’s Keith Ablow likes it or not, transgender activist Chaz Bono is competing for the mirror-ball trophy with partner Lacey Schwimmer on ABC’s Dancing with the Stars, which returns September 19 for its 13th season. And although the Bono controversy has stolen some of his gay thunder, Queer Eye alum Carson Kressley is also competing, albeit with Anna Trebunskaya and not a male partner as briefly considered.
3. TV: Glee, Grey’s Anatomy, Modern Family, and The Office
Some of our favorite gay TV characters return this week: Kurt (Chris Colfer), Santana (Naya Rivera), Karofsky (Max Adler), and Blaine (Darren Criss, pictured) on Fox’s Glee; newlyweds Callie (Sara Ramirez) and Arizona (Jessica Capshaw, pictured) on ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy; dads Mitch (Jesse Tyler Ferguson) and Cam (Eric Stonestreet, pictured) on ABC’s Modern Family; and Oscar (Oscar Nuñez, pictured) on NBC’s The Office.
2. THEATER: 8
The American Foundation for Equal Rights and Broadway Impact present the one-night Broadway premiere of 8 — September 19 at the Eugene O’Neill Theatre — Dustin Lance Black’s play about California’s Proposition 8 trial. The star-studded benefit reading is based on trial transcripts, courtroom observations, and interviews with the plaintiffs and their families. For more info visit AFER.org and BroadwayImpact.com.
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- Ellen DeGeneres and Gap Launch New Clothing Line for Girls That Challenges Stereotypes
- Jenny Boylan Tells Caitlyn Jenner: 'Don't Be a Stupid' Woman
- Op-ed: Jazz Jennings Is TV's Unsung Trans Heroine