BY Brandon Voss
September 16 2011 9:35 AM ET
4. TV: Dancing with the Stars
Whether Fox News’s Keith Ablow likes it or not, transgender activist Chaz Bono is competing for the mirror-ball trophy with partner Lacey Schwimmer on ABC’s Dancing with the Stars, which returns September 19 for its 13th season. And although the Bono controversy has stolen some of his gay thunder, Queer Eye alum Carson Kressley is also competing, albeit with Anna Trebunskaya and not a male partner as briefly considered.
3. TV: Glee, Grey’s Anatomy, Modern Family, and The Office
Some of our favorite gay TV characters return this week: Kurt (Chris Colfer), Santana (Naya Rivera), Karofsky (Max Adler), and Blaine (Darren Criss, pictured) on Fox’s Glee; newlyweds Callie (Sara Ramirez) and Arizona (Jessica Capshaw, pictured) on ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy; dads Mitch (Jesse Tyler Ferguson) and Cam (Eric Stonestreet, pictured) on ABC’s Modern Family; and Oscar (Oscar Nuñez, pictured) on NBC’s The Office.
2. THEATER: 8
The American Foundation for Equal Rights and Broadway Impact present the one-night Broadway premiere of 8 — September 19 at the Eugene O’Neill Theatre — Dustin Lance Black’s play about California’s Proposition 8 trial. The star-studded benefit reading is based on trial transcripts, courtroom observations, and interviews with the plaintiffs and their families. For more info visit AFER.org and BroadwayImpact.com.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- He Went There: Antigay Judge Roy Moore Compares Marriage Equality to Holocaust
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality