BY Brandon Voss
September 16 2011 9:35 AM ET
1. BOOK: Tango: My Childhood, Backwards and in High Heels, Justin Vivian Bond
Trans performer Justin Vivian Bond has always been a fiery raconteur, so it’s no surprise that Bond’s new memoir is a dizzying blaze of incisive insight, wicked prose, and biting wit. Diagnosed with ADD and learning that a childhood bully-lover has been arrested, present-day Bond revisits the early evolution of a queer existence in which Bond wore frosted pink lipstick to school and wondered why one couldn’t be both Fred and Ginger.
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- Miley Cyrus Confirms: 'I'm Pansexual'