BY Brandon Voss
September 16 2011 8:35 AM ET
1. BOOK: Tango: My Childhood, Backwards and in High Heels, Justin Vivian Bond
Trans performer Justin Vivian Bond has always been a fiery raconteur, so it’s no surprise that Bond’s new memoir is a dizzying blaze of incisive insight, wicked prose, and biting wit. Diagnosed with ADD and learning that a childhood bully-lover has been arrested, present-day Bond revisits the early evolution of a queer existence in which Bond wore frosted pink lipstick to school and wondered why one couldn’t be both Fred and Ginger.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-ed: Separate or Together?
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Day in LGBT America The Many Faces of LGBT Family 49 min 34 sec ago
- Comedy Meet the Lesbian Who Won a Comedy Cage Match 49 min 58 sec ago
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM