BY Brandon Voss
September 16 2011 9:35 AM ET
1. BOOK: Tango: My Childhood, Backwards and in High Heels, Justin Vivian Bond
Trans performer Justin Vivian Bond has always been a fiery raconteur, so it’s no surprise that Bond’s new memoir is a dizzying blaze of incisive insight, wicked prose, and biting wit. Diagnosed with ADD and learning that a childhood bully-lover has been arrested, present-day Bond revisits the early evolution of a queer existence in which Bond wore frosted pink lipstick to school and wondered why one couldn’t be both Fred and Ginger.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Rep. Steve King Wants Congress to Denounce Supreme Court's Marriage Equality Ruling
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Rick Santorum Thinks 'People Aren't Getting Married'
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015
- Hillary Clinton's Kind Words to Gay Kid 'Afraid' for His Future