BY Brandon Voss
September 16 2011 9:35 AM ET
1. BOOK: Tango: My Childhood, Backwards and in High Heels, Justin Vivian Bond
Trans performer Justin Vivian Bond has always been a fiery raconteur, so it’s no surprise that Bond’s new memoir is a dizzying blaze of incisive insight, wicked prose, and biting wit. Diagnosed with ADD and learning that a childhood bully-lover has been arrested, present-day Bond revisits the early evolution of a queer existence in which Bond wore frosted pink lipstick to school and wondered why one couldn’t be both Fred and Ginger.
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- BREAKING: North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban