BY Brandon Voss
September 23 2011 9:00 AM ET
4. TV: The Real World: San Diego
MTV’s landmark reality series returns September 28 for its 26th season, its second sleepover in San Diego. “I hook up with, like, everybody,” says bisexual New Yorker Frank Sweeney (pictured, left), an athletic activist who parties until he blacks out. Also getting real is Sam McGinn (right), a self-professed “stud lesbian” from Virginia who’s studying to be a parole officer when she’s not performing as her drag king alter ego.
3. WEB: Husbands
Say “I do” to this surprisingly smart and sassy new Web series from YouTube personality Brad “Cheeks” Bell and prolific TV writer Jane Espenson of Buffy and Battlestar Galactica fame. Starring Cheeks, Sean Hemeon, and Caprica’s Alessandra Torresani, the 11-part “marriage equality comedy” milks chuckles from the scandal when a pro baseball player drunkenly marries a flamboyant actor. For more info visit HusbandsTheSeries.com.
2. TV: The Good Wife, Happy Endings, Desperate Housewives, and Family Guy
More of our favorite LGBT TV characters return this week: bisexual private investigator Kalinda (Archie Panjabi) in CBS’s The Good Wife; gay schlub Max (Adam Pally) in ABC’s Happy Endings; Wisteria Lane couple Bob and Lee (Tuc Watkins and Kevin Rahm) in the final season of ABC’s Desperate Housewives; and Stewie, the cartoon baby Seth MacFarlane called “almost certainly gay,” on season 10 of Fox’s Family Guy.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- WATCH: Daily Show Correspondent Takes on Antigay Ark. Pastor
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- WATCH: A Straight Wedding Morphs Into a Gay Proposal