BY Brandon Voss
September 30 2011 9:40 AM ET
10. BOOK: Wet Men
Best known for his Dieux du Stade calendars and videos, photographer François Rousseau has just released a gorgeous new coffee-table book that celebrates the liberally moistened, sun-kissed masculine beauty of more than 50 sexy non-professional models — both in and out of their bathing suits — shot in the shimmering waters of Tahiti, in the public pools of Paris, and on the beaches of the South of France. Towels not included.
9. FILM: What’s Your Number?
The luminous Anna Faris stars in Mark Mylod’s charming rom-com — based on Karyn Bosnak’s book 20 Times a Lady — about Ally, a Bostonian who, with the help of a skin-baring neighbor played by Chris Evans, tracks down 20 ex-boyfriends played by the likes of Joel McHale and Zachary Quinto. Brother to Brother’s Anthony Mackie (pictured) appears as Tom, a college ex who says that Ally opened his eyes to the fact that he’s gay.
8. DVD: L’Amour Fou
Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Bergé met at Christian Dior’s funeral in 1957, and the rest is history that director Pierre Thoretton lovingly details in this intimate French-language documentary, which is now on DVD. Using home movies and archival footage of runway shows, the film focuses on the French-Algerian couturier’s 50-year relationship with Bergé, who prepares to auction off their enviable art collection after YSL’s 2008 death.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Current Issue The South's Longer Wait for Equality 52 min 19 sec ago
- Current Issue Editor's Letter: Why One Couple's Story Should Worry You 52 min 19 sec ago
- Current Issue The Small Southwestern Town That Went Rogue 52 min 19 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs May 19 2013 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy May 19 2013 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech May 19 2013 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson May 19 2013 1:01 PM