BY Brandon Voss
September 30 2011 8:40 AM ET
7. MUSIC: Breakers, Gem Club
Spike a hot cup of tea and cozy up to the exquisitely melancholy debut from Gem Club, a Massachusetts-based orchestral pop trio comprised of gay singer-pianist Christopher Barnes, cellist Kristen Drymala, and vocalist Ieva Berberian. Richly saturated with languid reflections on love, loss, and heartrending beauty, this contemplative fantasia includes glacial singles “Twins” and “Breakers.” For more info visit iamgemclub.com.
6. DVD: The Cost of Love, Finding Me: Truth, Without Men, Open
There’s something for everyone in these sexy new DVD releases: Carl Medland’s The Cost of Love humanizes a gay hustler in London; Roger S. Omeus’s Finding Me sequel revisits the relationship dramas of gay African Americans; Gabriela Tagliavini’s Without Men lets Eva Longoria get intimate with Kate Del Castillo; and Jake Yuzna’s Open assembles a cast of trans, intersex, and pandrogynous people for an offbeat love story.
5. THEATER: Busted: The Musical
Bianca Leigh is guilty of spotlight theft in her new show — workshopped last year as A Night at the Tombs — which runs through October 10 at New York’s Laurie Beechman Theatre. Presented by Theatre Askew, the trans performer’s engaging solo act, which features songs by Avenue Q’s Jeff Whitty and others, muses on gender identity as it details her brief 1987 incarceration for solicitation. For tickets visit SpinCycleNYC.com.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Bookshelf: Best Non-Fiction Transgender Books
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 24 min 53 sec ago
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 1 hour 25 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 2 hours 24 min ago
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 2 hours 25 min ago
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM