BY Brandon Voss
October 14 2011 5:50 PM ET
10. DVD: Jem and The Holograms: The Truly Outrageous Complete Series!
Whether it was the lead’s dual identity — are you pink-haired pop star Jem or alter ego Jerrica Benton? — the bullying Misfits, or the fact that the show was truly outrageous, Jem was embraced by kids who’d grow up to be truly out. This 11-DVD box set includes all 65 episodes of the 1985-1988 feminist series and extras like new cast interviews with shout-outs for the “Jem Boys.” Fun fact: Ba Nee was voiced by gay musician Sir Ari Gold!
9. BOOK: Pretty Masculine, Mike Ruiz
Celebrity photographer and The A-List: New York star Mike Ruiz has turned his lens on hunky male models for his new coffee-table book, a hyper-stylized and fantasy-fueled collection of images that tweak traditional male ideals by combining masculine stereotypes with a feminine flair. A devoted philanthropist, Ruiz will donate proceeds from the book’s sales to Gay Men’s Health Crisis. For more info visit mikeruiz.com.
8. BOOK: The Beekman 1802 Heirloom Cookbook
Gay stars of Planet Green’s The Fabulous Beekman Boys, Brent Ridge, and Josh Kilmer-Purcell are already known for their upstate New York farm’s goat's milk cheese. Now, inspired by church community cookbooks of their childhoods, they’ve created a beautiful cookbook that includes recipes for deviled eggs with smoked trout, dandelion salad, sour cherry clafouti, bourbon roast turkey, and more. For more info visit Beekman1802.com.
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- Why Are We Gay?
- Op-ed: The Real Ramifications of the Rentboy Raid