BY Brandon Voss
October 14 2011 5:50 PM ET
4. THEATER: I’m From Driftwood
Presented by Project Y Theatre Company, the inaugural New York New Playwright Festival includes the premiere of I’m From Driftwood, a stage adaptation of inspirational stories from the Driftwood book, which collects first-person LGBT stories from across the country. Edited by ImFromDriftwood.com founder Nathan Manske and directed by Luke Harlan, the show runs October 14 and 15. For more info visit projectytheatre.com.
3. MUSIC: Tomorrow’s World, Erasure
Have a little respect for British synth-pop icons Vince Clarke and Andy Bell, who celebrate more than 25 years together with their 14th studio album and first since 2007’s Light at the End of the World. Produced by British remix master Frankmusik, this lustrous collection includes post-breakup anthem “When I Start to (Break It All Down),” and shamelessly exuberant electro nuggets like “Be With You” and “Fill Us with Fire.”
2. FILM: Vito
Using period footage and new testimonies, this outstanding HBO documentary about GLAAD cofounder and The Celluloid Closet author Vito Russo lovingly chronicles the pioneering activist’s tireless struggle for gay rights until his AIDS-related death in 1990. The New York Film Festival presents the world premiere October 14 for two screenings, each followed by Q&As with director Jeffrey Schwarz. For more info visit filmlinc.com.
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- WATCH: More Officials Like Kim Davis Would Be a Disaster