BY Brandon Voss
October 14 2011 5:50 PM ET
4. THEATER: I’m From Driftwood
Presented by Project Y Theatre Company, the inaugural New York New Playwright Festival includes the premiere of I’m From Driftwood, a stage adaptation of inspirational stories from the Driftwood book, which collects first-person LGBT stories from across the country. Edited by ImFromDriftwood.com founder Nathan Manske and directed by Luke Harlan, the show runs October 14 and 15. For more info visit projectytheatre.com.
3. MUSIC: Tomorrow’s World, Erasure
Have a little respect for British synth-pop icons Vince Clarke and Andy Bell, who celebrate more than 25 years together with their 14th studio album and first since 2007’s Light at the End of the World. Produced by British remix master Frankmusik, this lustrous collection includes post-breakup anthem “When I Start to (Break It All Down),” and shamelessly exuberant electro nuggets like “Be With You” and “Fill Us with Fire.”
2. FILM: Vito
Using period footage and new testimonies, this outstanding HBO documentary about GLAAD cofounder and The Celluloid Closet author Vito Russo lovingly chronicles the pioneering activist’s tireless struggle for gay rights until his AIDS-related death in 1990. The New York Film Festival presents the world premiere October 14 for two screenings, each followed by Q&As with director Jeffrey Schwarz. For more info visit filmlinc.com.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Film New Man Of Steel and Wolverine Trailers Debut 40 min 29 sec ago
- Travel Top 10 Ways to Score and Upgrade on Your Next Flight 1 hour 16 min ago
- Travel A Perfect Day in Rio 1 hour 44 min ago
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 5:30 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 4:34 AM
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 4:00 AM
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 4:00 AM