BY Brandon Voss
October 21 2011 4:57 PM ET
10. FILM: Norman
Cougar Town’s Dan Byrd, who played a bullied gay teen in Easy A, stars as the titular troubled high schooler — he fakes cancer while caring for his dying dad — in Jonathan Segal’s lyrical coming-of-age dramedy, which opens October 21 in limited release. Straw Dogs baddie Billy Lush (pictured) also stars as Norman’s gay best friend James, who tries to convince him to join the drama club. For more info visit normanthemovie.com.
9. DVD: The One
Though it begins with a gossipy gay brunch in Manhattan, Caytha Jentis’s sweet and sturdy romantic comedy is refreshingly full of surprises. Jon Prescott, who played Neal Cassady in Howl, stars as Daniel, a closeted jock who appears consumed by his inconvenient lust and gnawing stomach ulcers as his pregnant wife eventually wises up to the fact that his heart belongs to Tommy, a charismatic scamp played by Ian Novick.
8. FILM: Paul Goodman Changed My Life
Out director Jonathan Lee introduces a new generation to late intellectual Paul Goodman, a countercultural and highly influential sociologist, anarchist, pacifist, and openly bisexual father best remembered as the author of Growing Up Absurd and the 1969 essay “Being Queer.” Produced by trans filmmaker Kimberly Reed, this new documentary runs through November 1 at New York’s Film Forum. For more info visit filmforum.org.
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? 14 min 15 sec ago
- Society Making LGBT Spirits Bright This Holiday Season 15 min 8 sec ago
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity 30 min 56 sec ago
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional 4:50 PM
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs 4:36 PM
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth 3:37 PM
- Entertainment News Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad 3:36 PM