BY Brandon Voss
October 21 2011 5:57 PM ET
7. DVD: Rent Boys, Uncle Bob, Out Late, and Ten More Good Years
What’s up, docs? Meet the escorts at Berlin’s Bahnhof Zoo train station in Rosa von Praunheim’s Rent Boys; In Out Late, an inspirational film by Beatrice Alda and Jennifer Brooke, LGBT seniors explain why it’s better late than never; In Uncle Bob, Robert Oppel celebrates the life of his uncle, a murdered gay activist best known as the 1974 Oscars streaker; and Michael Jacoby’s Ten More Good Years reveres our LGBT elders.
6. DVD: The Real L Word: Season Two
Representing the Los Angeles lesbian scene, the second season of this sexy Showtime reality series features mostly new faces and returning favorite Whitney, a wild child who isn’t afraid to whip out a strap-on. Get to know L.A. newbie Claire, who’s starting up an online lesbian magazine; butch activist Sadjah, who was once nominated for prom queen; and partners Cori and Kacy, who seek to start a family through artificial insemination.
5. THEATER: Baby Daddy
Hot on the tail of its New York debut, Alec Mapa’s latest solo show makes its West Coast premiere October 21 through October 23 at the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center’s Renberg Theatre. The gay comic gabs about how life has changed since he and his hubby adopted a five-year-old boy, but rest assured the Ugly Betty and Desperate Housewives alum will still quip about Grindr and anal beads. For more info visit lagaycenter.org.
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 18 Camp Classic Musicals That Make Us Sing
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- Op-ed: Why We're Going to Win Marriage in Ireland