BY Brandon Voss
October 21 2011 5:57 PM ET
4. MUSIC: Nocturnes, Uh Huh Her
Currently headlining the Keep A Breast music tour to promote breast cancer prevention and awareness, electro-pop duo Uh Huh Her — Southwest Airlines ejectees Camila Grey and L Word alum Leisha Hailey — have just released the follow-up to their 2008 debut Common Reaction. Coproduced by Wendy Melvoin of Wendy and Lisa fame, the synth-spurred album includes “Same High,” which was written for The Kids Are All Right.
3. TV: The World’s Worst Place to be Gay?
Logo’s pro-social campaign beCAUSE launches with the October 22 U.S. premiere of a BBC Three documentary in which gay BBC Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills travels to Uganda, where homosexual is seriously illegal. Mills risks his life by interviewing gay Ugandans and coming out to members of parliament. Future docs in the series include Illegal Love, The Legacy of Brendan Burke, and Outrage. For more info visit logotv.com/because.
2. DVD: Red State
Now on DVD following a 16-city screening tour, Kevin Smith’s satirical horror movie both terrifies and tickles with its depiction of Fred Phelpsian religious fundamentalists who protest gay funerals and torture high school boys for their perceived homosexuality. Melissa Leo, True Blood’s Kevin Alejandro, and Will & Grace’s Michael Angarano star in the film, which also features Office Space’s Stephen Root as a blackmailed gay sheriff.
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Travel PHOTOS: Miami's Winter Party Combines Skin, Philanthropy 15 min 37 sec ago
- Television Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine Quietly Breaks Ground 21 min 17 sec ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 1 hour 22 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 1 hour 36 min ago
- Television MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters 1 hour 56 min ago
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 5:01 AM