BY Brandon Voss
October 28 2011 11:17 AM ET
4. BOOK: John Waters: Interviews and Low Budget Hell: Making Underground Movies with John Waters
Edited by filmmaker and professor James Egan, John Waters: Interviews assembles the best articles about the Baltimorean cult auteur from the last 45 years, including a new interview by Egan. Just as revealing, Robert Maier’s dishy, name-dropping memoir Low Budget Hell goes behind the scenes of early Waters classics. Fun fact: Egan and Maier both met and befriended Waters when they worked with him on 1974’s Female Trouble.
3. TV: Allen Gregory
Co-created by Jonah Hill, this new comedy series premieres October 30 as part of Fox’s Sunday-night animation lineup. Hill also voices Allen, a precocious, hyper-intelligent 7-year-old who’s forced to attend public school due to the recession. Allen lives in a fabulous loft with his gay dad Richard and his life-partner Jeremy — voiced by 3rd Rock from the Sun’s French Stewart and Nat Faxon — and Julie, his adopted Cambodian sister.
2. THEATER: Sons of the Prophet
Roundabout Theatre Company's phenomenal New York premiere of out playwright Stephen Karam's poignant dark comedy explores human suffering through January 1 at the Laura Pels Theatre. Santino Fontana and Chris Perfetti have touching chemistry as gay Lebanese-American brothers coping with their dad’s death, and Charles Socarides plays a cute gay journalist covering the story. For more info visit roundabouttheatre.org.
- Theater PHOTOS: Terrence McNally's Mothers and Sons 34 min 31 sec ago
- Religion Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People 49 min 18 sec ago
- Travel Drag Race: NASCAR's Biggest Gay Fan on the Vegas Cup Race 51 min 28 sec ago
- Television Looking Back: Where Things Stand Heading Into Season 2 58 min 32 sec ago
- Art WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old 1 hour 11 min ago
- Television WATCH: The First Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of The Normal Heart 10:28 AM
- Comedy WATCH: 'Not Looking' Episode 1 10:23 AM