BY Brandon Voss
October 28 2011 10:17 AM ET
4. BOOK: John Waters: Interviews and Low Budget Hell: Making Underground Movies with John Waters
Edited by filmmaker and professor James Egan, John Waters: Interviews assembles the best articles about the Baltimorean cult auteur from the last 45 years, including a new interview by Egan. Just as revealing, Robert Maier’s dishy, name-dropping memoir Low Budget Hell goes behind the scenes of early Waters classics. Fun fact: Egan and Maier both met and befriended Waters when they worked with him on 1974’s Female Trouble.
3. TV: Allen Gregory
Co-created by Jonah Hill, this new comedy series premieres October 30 as part of Fox’s Sunday-night animation lineup. Hill also voices Allen, a precocious, hyper-intelligent 7-year-old who’s forced to attend public school due to the recession. Allen lives in a fabulous loft with his gay dad Richard and his life-partner Jeremy — voiced by 3rd Rock from the Sun’s French Stewart and Nat Faxon — and Julie, his adopted Cambodian sister.
2. THEATER: Sons of the Prophet
Roundabout Theatre Company's phenomenal New York premiere of out playwright Stephen Karam's poignant dark comedy explores human suffering through January 1 at the Laura Pels Theatre. Santino Fontana and Chris Perfetti have touching chemistry as gay Lebanese-American brothers coping with their dad’s death, and Charles Socarides plays a cute gay journalist covering the story. For more info visit roundabouttheatre.org.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW 1 hour 49 min ago
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 5:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM