BY Brandon Voss
November 04 2011 8:24 PM ET
7. DVD: Go Go Crazy and Go Go Reject
As sexy as it is silly, Fred M. Caruso’s follow-up to The Big Gay Musical is an abs-busting mockumentary that does for go-go contests what Drop Dead Gorgeous did for pageants. Hedda Lettuce hosts the fictional Philly competition, which is stuffed with shameless Speedo-clad stereotypes. Writer-star Heath Daniels is also a hoot as a twink fulfilling a Flashdance fantasy in Go Go Reject, a sassy short directed by Michael J. Saul.
6. DVD: The Topp Twins: Untouchable Girls
Let Leanne Pooley’s immensely entertaining documentary — out November 8 on DVD — introduce you to lesbian twin sisters Jools and Lynda Topp, a yodeling comedy duo from New Zealand. “On paper they should be commercial death,” says writer Paul Horan, “but they totally deliver to the audience.” The progressive political activists, who both live together with their girlfriends, have male alter egos and often sing about being gay.
5. BOOK: Cruising
Photographer Chad States goes deep into the woods and parks of the Pacific Northwest, Pennsylvania, and New York to expose, celebrate, and even romanticize the art of cruising, that time-honored prowl for casual sexual encounters, in his voyeuristic coffee-table book. Featuring text by Gordon Brent Ingram, Ph.D and Alec Soth, this X-rated Where’s Waldo? obscures these forbidden fantasies with enticing distance and foliage.
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- PHOTOS: Best of Pride
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Kentucky County Clerk Sued Over Denial of Marriage Licenses