The Best Overlooked Films
BY Advocate Contributors
November 15 2011 5:00 AM ET
Tomboy, directed by Céline Sciamma
A winning French tale about a 10-year-old who lives as a girl or a boy depending on the people around.
Joe + Belle, directed by Veronica Kedar
A dark Israeli comedy about two girls who fall in love with each other and their country en route from Tel Aviv to Sderot.
Weekend, directed by Andrew Haigh
A star-crossed romance about the connection made between two gay men.
Gun Hill Road, directed by Rashaad Ernesto Green
A searing drama about a transgender teen’s relationship with her convict father.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert is a Lesbian Stereotype in Flannel and Birkenstocks 4 min 41 sec ago
- Women Lena Dunham Is NOT Amused By Lesbian Porn Parody of Girls 46 min 20 sec ago
- Music Gay Singer-Songwriter Deals with Heartbreak 48 min 21 sec ago
- Politics Obama Nominates Lesbian Attorney for Second EEOC Term 48 min 50 sec ago
- Theater New Play Criticizes Gay Minstrel Roles 57 min 51 sec ago
- Women Shot of the Day: WildFang's Tomboy Line Channels Androgynous Icons 1 hour 7 min ago
- Women WATCH: Real Lesbians Watch and Break Down 'Lesbian' Porn 1 hour 17 min ago