The Best Overlooked Films
BY Advocate Contributors
November 15 2011 5:00 AM ET
Tomboy, directed by Céline Sciamma
A winning French tale about a 10-year-old who lives as a girl or a boy depending on the people around.
Joe + Belle, directed by Veronica Kedar
A dark Israeli comedy about two girls who fall in love with each other and their country en route from Tel Aviv to Sderot.
Weekend, directed by Andrew Haigh
A star-crossed romance about the connection made between two gay men.
Gun Hill Road, directed by Rashaad Ernesto Green
A searing drama about a transgender teen’s relationship with her convict father.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- BOOKS: Art & Queer Culture
- Hot Sheet: Openly Serving, Openly Loving