The Best Overlooked Films
BY Advocate Contributors
November 15 2011 5:00 AM ET
Tomboy, directed by Céline Sciamma
A winning French tale about a 10-year-old who lives as a girl or a boy depending on the people around.
Joe + Belle, directed by Veronica Kedar
A dark Israeli comedy about two girls who fall in love with each other and their country en route from Tel Aviv to Sderot.
Weekend, directed by Andrew Haigh
A star-crossed romance about the connection made between two gay men.
Gun Hill Road, directed by Rashaad Ernesto Green
A searing drama about a transgender teen’s relationship with her convict father.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech 1 hour 35 min ago
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson 2 hours 36 min ago
- Television WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression 2 hours 59 min ago
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM