The Best Overlooked Films
BY Advocate Contributors
November 15 2011 5:00 AM ET
Toast, directed by S. J. Clarkson
A Billy Elliot–like tale adapted from gay chef Nigel Slater’s memoir.
That’s What I Am, directed by Michael Pavone
A nostalgic coming-of-age drama about a classroom of students who learn tolerance when their teacher is accused of being gay.
Heartbeats, directed by Xavier Dolan
The French bisexual triad comedy that got standing ovations at Cannes follows male and female friends as they compete for the love of a handsome young man.
I Don’t Want to Go Back Alone, directed by Daniel Ribeiro
A blind teenager’s life is changed when he comes to terms with his feelings for the new guy in school.
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps