The Best Overlooked Films
BY Advocate Contributors
November 15 2011 4:00 AM ET
Toast, directed by S. J. Clarkson
A Billy Elliot–like tale adapted from gay chef Nigel Slater’s memoir.
That’s What I Am, directed by Michael Pavone
A nostalgic coming-of-age drama about a classroom of students who learn tolerance when their teacher is accused of being gay.
Heartbeats, directed by Xavier Dolan
The French bisexual triad comedy that got standing ovations at Cannes follows male and female friends as they compete for the love of a handsome young man.
I Don’t Want to Go Back Alone, directed by Daniel Ribeiro
A blind teenager’s life is changed when he comes to terms with his feelings for the new guy in school.
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year 8:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination 7:00 AM
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 4:00 AM
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM