The Best Overlooked Films
BY Advocate Contributors
November 15 2011 4:00 AM ET
Toast, directed by S. J. Clarkson
A Billy Elliot–like tale adapted from gay chef Nigel Slater’s memoir.
That’s What I Am, directed by Michael Pavone
A nostalgic coming-of-age drama about a classroom of students who learn tolerance when their teacher is accused of being gay.
Heartbeats, directed by Xavier Dolan
The French bisexual triad comedy that got standing ovations at Cannes follows male and female friends as they compete for the love of a handsome young man.
I Don’t Want to Go Back Alone, directed by Daniel Ribeiro
A blind teenager’s life is changed when he comes to terms with his feelings for the new guy in school.
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Lady Gaga Congratulates Tom Daley, Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 2 hours 42 min ago
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary December 06 2013 6:53 PM
- Women WATCH: Santana Lopez as the Best Bad Santa Ever! December 06 2013 6:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Robertson Prays for Gays 'Recruited' By Abuse December 06 2013 4:41 PM