The Best Overlooked Films
BY Advocate Contributors
November 15 2011 5:00 AM ET
Toast, directed by S. J. Clarkson
A Billy Elliot–like tale adapted from gay chef Nigel Slater’s memoir.
That’s What I Am, directed by Michael Pavone
A nostalgic coming-of-age drama about a classroom of students who learn tolerance when their teacher is accused of being gay.
Heartbeats, directed by Xavier Dolan
The French bisexual triad comedy that got standing ovations at Cannes follows male and female friends as they compete for the love of a handsome young man.
I Don’t Want to Go Back Alone, directed by Daniel Ribeiro
A blind teenager’s life is changed when he comes to terms with his feelings for the new guy in school.
- Film Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity 2 hours 4 min ago
- Current Issue A Letter to My Partners 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis 5:00 AM
- Current Issue The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd 4:00 AM
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions March 09 2014 3:04 PM