The Best Overlooked Films
BY Advocate Contributors
November 15 2011 4:00 AM ET
August, directed by Eldar Rapaport
A steamy melodrama explores whether gay men ever let go of their great loves.
Becoming Chaz, directed by Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato
This documentary follows Chaz Bono’s transition in the public eye, with girlfriend Jennifer and mother Cher along for the ride.
We Were Here, directed by David Weissman
Ultimately uplifting documentary about 1980s San Francisco—ground zero of the AIDS epidemic—and its people.
Vito, directed by Jeffrey Schwarz
Documentary about the colorful life of film historian Vito Russo.
Wish Me Away, directed by Bobbie Birleffi and Beverly Kopf
Heartwarming documentary about the coming-out of country musician Chely Wright.
- Television WATCH: The Super Trailer for RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6 10 min 11 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Brazilian Couples Get Married En Masse 1 hour 19 min ago
- Entertainment News Musto: Tom Daley & Maria Bello Are Bi, Get Used To It 10:00 AM
- Television WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever! 7:00 AM
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 6:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 5:00 AM
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM