The Best Overlooked Films
BY Advocate Contributors
November 15 2011 4:00 AM ET
August, directed by Eldar Rapaport
A steamy melodrama explores whether gay men ever let go of their great loves.
Becoming Chaz, directed by Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato
This documentary follows Chaz Bono’s transition in the public eye, with girlfriend Jennifer and mother Cher along for the ride.
We Were Here, directed by David Weissman
Ultimately uplifting documentary about 1980s San Francisco—ground zero of the AIDS epidemic—and its people.
Vito, directed by Jeffrey Schwarz
Documentary about the colorful life of film historian Vito Russo.
Wish Me Away, directed by Bobbie Birleffi and Beverly Kopf
Heartwarming documentary about the coming-out of country musician Chely Wright.
- Theater Late Gay TV Star's Play Eyes Broadway 42 min 25 sec ago
- Commentary Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists? 42 min 43 sec ago
- Comedy WATCH: Jeffrey: The Series Episode 7, ‘Velvet Rope’ 45 min ago
- Religion Meet the Controversial Spiritual Adviser to Trans People 2 hours 5 min ago
- Women 9 Inspiring Women Backing LGBT Rights Around the World 2 hours 27 min ago
- Marriage Equality Where Can You Get Married in Illinois? 2 hours 37 min ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: Can I Get HIV if I’m a Top? 2 hours 45 min ago