The Best Overlooked Films
BY Advocate Contributors
November 15 2011 5:00 AM ET
August, directed by Eldar Rapaport
A steamy melodrama explores whether gay men ever let go of their great loves.
Becoming Chaz, directed by Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato
This documentary follows Chaz Bono’s transition in the public eye, with girlfriend Jennifer and mother Cher along for the ride.
We Were Here, directed by David Weissman
Ultimately uplifting documentary about 1980s San Francisco—ground zero of the AIDS epidemic—and its people.
Vito, directed by Jeffrey Schwarz
Documentary about the colorful life of film historian Vito Russo.
Wish Me Away, directed by Bobbie Birleffi and Beverly Kopf
Heartwarming documentary about the coming-out of country musician Chely Wright.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén
- A Letter to My Partners
- Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia
- The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! 1 hour 16 min ago
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias 1 hour 30 min ago
- Sports South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén 1 hour 42 min ago
- Uganda WATCH: Meet the American Evangelical Behind Uganda's Antigay Law 1 hour 45 min ago
- Women WATCH: 7 New Orphan Black Season 2 Teasers to Hold You Over! 1 hour 48 min ago
- Television Looking GIF-cap: Season 1 Finale 4:19 PM
- Books Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel 4:16 PM