The Best Overlooked Films
BY Advocate Contributors
November 15 2011 5:00 AM ET
Gen Silent, directed by Stu Maddux
Shattering documentary about LGBT seniors forced back into the closet in order to survive in assisted-living facilities.
The Evening Dress, directed by Myriam Aziza
Gripping French drama about the consequences of a schoolgirl’s crush on her female teacher.
Leave It on the Floor, directed by Sheldon Larry
Original musical about gays of color who find community in the world of Los Angeles’s underground balls.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference 21 sec ago
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families 16 min 56 sec ago
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia 34 min 56 sec ago
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis 37 min 3 sec ago
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 1 hour 6 min ago
- Women WATCH: Australia's Sexy New Lesbian Web Series Starting From ... Now! 2 hours 11 sec ago
- Television 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever 2 hours 41 min ago