The Best Overlooked Films
BY Advocate Contributors
November 15 2011 5:00 AM ET
Gen Silent, directed by Stu Maddux
Shattering documentary about LGBT seniors forced back into the closet in order to survive in assisted-living facilities.
The Evening Dress, directed by Myriam Aziza
Gripping French drama about the consequences of a schoolgirl’s crush on her female teacher.
Leave It on the Floor, directed by Sheldon Larry
Original musical about gays of color who find community in the world of Los Angeles’s underground balls.
- Mean Girls Actor Daniel Franzese Comes Out
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Highlights 'Confusion' in U.S. on LGBT Issues
- Poll Shows Strong Republican Opposition to Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Cokie Roberts Stands Up to Antigay Religious Activists
- WATCH: Navy Baseball Players Sing 'Brozen'
- Study: Gay, Lesbian Parents Still Face Bias in Custody Disputes