The Best Overlooked Films
BY Advocate Contributors
November 15 2011 5:00 AM ET
Gen Silent, directed by Stu Maddux
Shattering documentary about LGBT seniors forced back into the closet in order to survive in assisted-living facilities.
The Evening Dress, directed by Myriam Aziza
Gripping French drama about the consequences of a schoolgirl’s crush on her female teacher.
Leave It on the Floor, directed by Sheldon Larry
Original musical about gays of color who find community in the world of Los Angeles’s underground balls.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good As Dead, Say Advocates
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says 38 min 36 sec ago
- Women Op-Ed: Case of Lesbian Teen Kaitlyn Hunt Raises Questions About Sexual Double Standard 51 min 9 sec ago
- Music WATCH: Is This the Worst Music Video Ever? 1 hour 4 min ago
- Transgender Jesse Tyler Ferguson Slams His Former School's Transphobic Graduation Policy 1 hour 4 min ago
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame 1 hour 6 min ago
- Politics Democratic 'Betrayal' Leaves Binational Couples Stranded 1 hour 17 min ago
- Crime PHOTOS: New Yorkers Combat Violence With Protest 1 hour 26 min ago