The Best Overlooked Films
BY Advocate Contributors
November 15 2011 5:00 AM ET
Gen Silent, directed by Stu Maddux
Shattering documentary about LGBT seniors forced back into the closet in order to survive in assisted-living facilities.
The Evening Dress, directed by Myriam Aziza
Gripping French drama about the consequences of a schoolgirl’s crush on her female teacher.
Leave It on the Floor, directed by Sheldon Larry
Original musical about gays of color who find community in the world of Los Angeles’s underground balls.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen 2 hours 43 min ago
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 5:55 PM