The Best Overlooked Films
BY Advocate Contributors
November 15 2011 5:00 AM ET
Gen Silent, directed by Stu Maddux
Shattering documentary about LGBT seniors forced back into the closet in order to survive in assisted-living facilities.
The Evening Dress, directed by Myriam Aziza
Gripping French drama about the consequences of a schoolgirl’s crush on her female teacher.
Leave It on the Floor, directed by Sheldon Larry
Original musical about gays of color who find community in the world of Los Angeles’s underground balls.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban