The Best Overlooked Films
BY Advocate Contributors
November 15 2011 5:00 AM ET
Gen Silent, directed by Stu Maddux
Shattering documentary about LGBT seniors forced back into the closet in order to survive in assisted-living facilities.
The Evening Dress, directed by Myriam Aziza
Gripping French drama about the consequences of a schoolgirl’s crush on her female teacher.
Leave It on the Floor, directed by Sheldon Larry
Original musical about gays of color who find community in the world of Los Angeles’s underground balls.
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Cute Gay Teen Explains Homosexuality and the Bible
- San Francisco Mourns Death of Legendary Drag Performer
- Britney Spears Heartfelt Letter to Once Suicidal Gay Fan
- WATCH: Late Summer Stars