The Best TV Shows with LGBT Characters
BY Advocate Contributors
November 16 2011 4:00 AM ET
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC)
After 12 seasons, everyone relies on gay profiler–forensic psychiatrist George Huang (played by gay actor B.D. Wong), who came out in a 2009 episode. This year is his last on the show.
Egyptian-German Canadian actress Vanessa Lengies brings some nice flavor to the medical drama as a scrub nurse Kelly. The show was canceled in September.
Nurse Jackie (Showtime)
Viewers fell in love with bisexual doctor Eleanor O’Hara (Eve Best) during a seduction scene in which a male nurse says, “I have a girlfriend,” and O’Hara replies, “So do I.” Now Jackie’s BFF is an integral part of the show.
- Politics Timeline: When Executive Orders Came First? 20 min 13 sec ago
- Current Issue One Issue Still Bucks The Trend for LGBT Equality 1 hour 19 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: 'License to Discriminate' Bills Will Keep Coming 2 hours 20 min ago
- Women Ellen's Oscars' Selfie Gets Simpson-ized! March 06 2014 7:56 PM
- Travel General Motors Hopes to Impress You at Mammoth Gay Ski Week March 06 2014 7:24 PM
- Women WATCH: American Idol's Out Contestant MK Nobilette Does 'Drops of Jupiter' March 06 2014 7:18 PM
- Books Gay Propaganda Brings Russian Love Stories to Light March 06 2014 6:06 PM