The Best TV Shows with LGBT Characters
BY Advocate Contributors
November 16 2011 4:00 AM ET
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC)
After 12 seasons, everyone relies on gay profiler–forensic psychiatrist George Huang (played by gay actor B.D. Wong), who came out in a 2009 episode. This year is his last on the show.
Egyptian-German Canadian actress Vanessa Lengies brings some nice flavor to the medical drama as a scrub nurse Kelly. The show was canceled in September.
Nurse Jackie (Showtime)
Viewers fell in love with bisexual doctor Eleanor O’Hara (Eve Best) during a seduction scene in which a male nurse says, “I have a girlfriend,” and O’Hara replies, “So do I.” Now Jackie’s BFF is an integral part of the show.
- Tyler Curry Op-ed: The Other Obligation That Comes With HIV 37 min 33 sec ago
- Film Queer Fan Art: The Hobbit 1 hour 7 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: My Father's Daughter 2 hours 37 min ago
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 4:00 AM
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM