BY Jeremy Kinser
December 17 2011 4:56 PM ET
7. DVD: Meet Me In St. Louis
Just try to resist this winning slice of Americana with radiant Judy Garland, in one of her most popular performances, singing the heartbreaking holiday classic "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" to her impressionable kid sister, played by Oscar-winner Margaret O'Brien. Remastered for the just-released Blu-ray, the 1944 musical has never looked as pristine and colorful.
6. EVENT: The Seventh Annual BowieBall
On December 17 squeeze into your favorite alien jumpsuit to celebrate the 65th birthday of one of music's most iconic figures, David Bowie. Expect the ultimate glam rock party, complete with Bowie makeovers, live performances, and sing-alongs. I'm From Driftwood will get a portion of the proceeds from ticket sales. BowieBallNYC.com
5. BOOK: Have Yourself a Movie Little Christmas
From Bad Santa to White Christmas, insightful film critic (and former Advocate editor) Alonso Duralde has compiled an indispensable guide to holiday films, finding the best, worst, and most deranged cinema set during the yuletide season.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Op-ed: Gay People Raising Kids Has Shifted From Downfall to Salvation