BY Jeremy Kinser
January 06 2012 1:00 AM ET
3. TV: Tabatha Takes Over
No-nonsense Aussie powerhouse Tabatha Coffey is back and ready to deliver more tough talk to help get floundering business owners on the road to success. In the season premiere Coffey visits the Jungle Red salon in Minneapolis to share her entrepreneurial expertise with, presumably, some fans of 1939’s The Women, and in the second episode she ruffles feathers at Long Beach, Calif., gay bar Ripples when she sets the owners straight over their penny-pinching practices and crazy club rules. Season 4 premieres January 10.
3. THEATER: Fruitfly
Leslie Jordan, the award-winning actor (Will & Grace, The Help) and unbridled raconteur, has written and will perform in what promises to be an uproarious autobiographical one-man show that raises the question: Do gay men eventually become their mothers? The world premiere engagement runs at Los Angeles’s LGBT-operated Celebration Theatre through February 18. CelebrationTheatre.com
2. BOOK: Inside Pee-wee’s Playhouse
It’s difficult to overestimate the impact of the long-running ’80s series Pee-wee’s Playhouse, which taught a generation of children that being different isn’t only OK, it’s also fun. Like many of us, award-winning writer Caseen Gaines was a fan of the surreal Saturday morning show when it premiered more than a quarter-century ago and has writtenInside Pee-wee's Playhouse, which meticulously chronicles every aspect — from the show’s genesis to behind-the-scenes insider gossip — of Paul Reubens’s giddy, whimsical creation.
- Tyler Curry Op-ed: The Other Obligation That Comes With HIV 56 min 43 sec ago
- Film Queer Fan Art: The Hobbit 1 hour 26 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: My Father's Daughter 2 hours 56 min ago
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 4:00 AM
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM