BY Jeremy Kinser
January 13 2012 8:22 PM ET
7. TV: Days of Our Lives
Former Queer Eye personality Jai Rodriguez is now appearing on the long-running daytime drama Days of Our Lives as Mateo, an old buddy of Sonny Kiriakis (Freddie Smith), and the two of them present healthy gay role models for Will Horton (Chandler Massey) and help to make him comfortable in his own skin. Watch it weekdays on NBC.
6. MUSIC: Matt Alber, Constant Crows
Out crooner Matt Alber — a two-time Grammy-winner as part of the a capella group Chanticleer —wraps his rich baritone voice around 10 folk-pop ballads on his latest release, Constant Crows. The album's gem is probably his plaintive cover of Madonna's "Take A Bow" — full of wistful longing and resolve. MattAlber.com
5. TV: The Revolution
You say you want a revolution? Well, you know ... Tim Gunn and Ty Pennington are among the five lifestyle experts who transform the lives of women in this highly anticipated new daytime series. While in real time the women's journeys to improve different aspects of their lives — whether learning to cook healthily, exercise properly, or just add a little spice — played out over the course of five months, through the magic of television viewers can see the results in five days. Premieres January 16 on ABC.
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Will Marriage Equality Cause a Spike in Homeless LGBT Youth?
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor