BY Jeremy Kinser
January 27 2012 4:30 PM ET
7. TV: Love Etc.
Filmed over the course of one year, Jill Andresevic’s engaging documentary — premiering February 2 on OWN — depicts the various stages of modern romance. Ranging in age from 18 to 89, the subjects include high school sweethearts, Indian newlyweds, and Scott Ellis (pictured), a gay TV and theater director who, eager to start a family of his own, goes the surrogacy route alone and becomes a single father of twins.
6. MUSIC: W.E.: Music from the Motion Picture
One of the most exquisite elements of the lush Madonna-directed film (out February 3) about a historic royal romance seen through the filter of a contemporary love story is the score by Abel Korzeniowski. Propelling the dual story along in a way similar to Phillip Glass’s acclaimed music for The Hours, the W.E. soundtrack (available January 31) also features “Masterpiece,” the singer's Golden Globe–winning ballad.
5. CONCERT: The Tom Judson Show
Celebrate Valentine’s Day early this year when versatile performer Tom Judson brings his popular direct-from-P-Town cabaret act to the Big Apple. The Broadway vet, known to many for as lust object Gus Mattox, will croon an eclectic array of love songs from the piano while regaling patrons with tantalizing show business anecdotes. February 1 at The Metropolitan Room.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM