BY Jeremy Kinser
January 27 2012 4:30 PM ET
4. DVD: Beautiful Darling
Just released on DVD, James Rasin’s stylishly sentimental documentary spotlights late trans starlet Candy Darling, a fixture of Andy Warhol’s Factory scene. We hear about Lou Reed’s muse through interviews with folks like Fran Lebowitz and John Waters, but we really get to know her through telling anecdotes from Jeremiah Newton, Darling’s close friend and roommate, and from hearing Darling’s diaries read by Chloë Sevigny.
3. MUSIC: Imperial Teen, Feel the Sound
One of the most acclaimed indie rock bands from the ’90s returns perhaps more dynamic than ever with its fifth album, a rowdy collection of 11 new songs. The album’s buoyant lead single, “Runaway,” sets the mood and features the entire band (Roddy Bottum, Lynn Perko Truell, Will Schwartz, and Jone Stebbins) on vocals.
2. RuPaul’s Drag Race
Wigs will undoubtedly fly and drama will likely run high when the drag competition that has taken America by storm returns. Season 4 promises to be RuPaul’s most outrageous yet. A brand-new baker’s dozen of contestants will vie for the crown, the coveted title of America’s Next Drag Superstar, plus the $100,000 in prize money. Premieres Monday on Logo.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Jamie Foxx Called Out for Crossing Line on Bruce Jenner Jokes
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'