BY Jeremy Kinser
January 27 2012 4:30 PM ET
1. FILM: Albert Nobbs
As an oppressed 19th-century Irishwoman who passes as a male hotel butler in order to survive, iconic actress Glenn Close adds yet another unforgettable portrait (which just garnered her a Best Actress Oscar nod) to her lengthy résumé. Janet McTeer is a boisterous scene-stealer (and also scored a Supporting Actress nomination) as another cross-dresser who becomes the envy of Close’s title character. This passion project for Close, who after starring in the stage version 30 years ago also cowrote the film’s screenplay and theme song, is a quiet and often profound chronicle of people trapped by unfortunate circumstance.
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times