BY Jeremy Kinser
February 03 2012 5:00 AM ET
4. BOOK: Barbra: A Retrospective
The unparalleled career of Barbra Streisand —from her earliest nightclub performances to her upcoming comedy My Mother's Curse — is chronicled with rare photos and nimble text, offering insight into each of her albums and films, and making a compelling case for Streisand as a style icon to rival even Audrey Hepburn. Allegra Rossi's gorgeously illustrated coffee-table book Barbra: A Retrospective (Sterling Books, $29.95) is indisputable proof that, as she proclaimed more than 40 years ago in Funny Girl, Streisand is still the greatest star.
3. ICON: Madonna
She's back (not that she ever left you) and she's inescapable. Today marks the drop of the bouncy new single "Give Me All Your Luvin'" from MDNA, her first studio album in four years, and its accompanying video. This weekend you definitely need to see W.E., the stylish and typically ballsy film she directed about a dual romance and which boasts an extraordinary performance by Andrea Riseborough as the Duchess of Windsor, when it opens in theaters. And in case you've been cave-dwelling for the past month, you already know that on Sunday M. will perform a 12-minute halftime show during the Academy Awards for straight people, which some refer to as the Super Bowl.
2. TV: Ricky Martin on Glee
He’s sexy and we know it. Mere weeks before he opens as rebellious Che in the hotly anticipated Broadway revival of Evita, superstar entertainer Ricky Martin guests as David Martinez, "the hottest Spanish teacher in
Ohio history," and performs what promises to be a temperature-raising rendition of LMFAO’s cheeky hit “Sexy and I Know It.” Tune in February 7 on Fox.
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Ireland Votes Yes, Becomes First Nation in World to Approve Marriage Equality
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- PHOTOS: Let's Take a Long Look at Long Beach Pride