BY Jeremy Kinser
February 11 2012 4:42 AM ET
7. EVENT: The Invincible Project
Xelle, the plus-size girl group with the witty moniker and which features RuPaul's Drag Race vet Mimi Imfurst, will use "Invincible," the catchy third single from the band's album Queens, to raise awareness about bullying and harassment. Proceeds from sales of the single will benefit the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network. If you're in New York, stop by Industry bar for the splashy release party February 14, the same day it's available for downloading on iTunes. XELLEMusic.com, Blog.GLSEN.org
6. DVD: Spork
Gay filmmaker J.B. Ghuman Jr.’s wonderfully weird feature debut, which is now available on DVD, is a shameless tonal mishmash that pays homage to ’80s fashions, ’90s party jams, and beloved teen movie clichés. The terrific Savannah Stehlin stars as young hermaphrodite “Spork,” an awkward misfit and mean-girl magnet who, recalling Dawn in Welcome to the Dollhouse, proves that every problem can be solved with a hot dance-off.
5. Music: Goldfrapp, The Singles
Ooh la la, bisexual front woman Alison Goldfrapp's lush, whispery vocals highlight a dozen of her electronic duo's signature hits, including "Number One" and "Strict Machine." Also included are two new tunes, "Yellow Halo" and the gorgeous electro-ballad "Melancholy Sky."
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' Is Destroying Marriage
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island