And the Awards Go To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 13 2012 5:00 AM ET
Director of The Skin I Live In
Spanish auteur Pedro Almodóvar reunites with one of his greatest discoveries, Antonio Banderas, in this perversely hypnotic medical horror film that redefines the term "boy toy." At first it seems Almodóvar has lost his way, but he has a purpose. He deliberately and methodically rewards viewers' patience, seducing them before delivering astonishing — and often shocking — images.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Michael Sam, Cowboys Welcome Lull in Media Attention
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet