And the Awards Go To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 13 2012 4:00 AM ET
Director of The Skin I Live In
Spanish auteur Pedro Almodóvar reunites with one of his greatest discoveries, Antonio Banderas, in this perversely hypnotic medical horror film that redefines the term "boy toy." At first it seems Almodóvar has lost his way, but he has a purpose. He deliberately and methodically rewards viewers' patience, seducing them before delivering astonishing — and often shocking — images.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Robbie Rogers's Memoir Kicks Around Depression, Redemption, And Coming Out
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- Op-ed: Why I Quit My Job at the United Nations