And the Awards Go To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 13 2012 5:00 AM ET
Actor in Beginners
"It's released him," veteran actor Christopher Plummer tells The Advocate of Hal, his character in Beginners, referring to his decision, following the death of his wife, to reveal that he's gay. "Coming out like that is a wonderful gift to have at that age." Director-screenwriter Mike Mills, who based the character on his own father, has given Plummer a present just as rich. After decades of memorable roles, the 82-year-old actor has found yet another — one that may prove his most indelible — in which he delivers a deft performance of great subtlety, remarkably free of cliché, that has deservedly already won a lion's share of critical accolades and year-end honors.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM