And the Awards Go To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 13 2012 4:00 AM ET
Actor in Beginners
"It's released him," veteran actor Christopher Plummer tells The Advocate of Hal, his character in Beginners, referring to his decision, following the death of his wife, to reveal that he's gay. "Coming out like that is a wonderful gift to have at that age." Director-screenwriter Mike Mills, who based the character on his own father, has given Plummer a present just as rich. After decades of memorable roles, the 82-year-old actor has found yet another — one that may prove his most indelible — in which he delivers a deft performance of great subtlety, remarkably free of cliché, that has deservedly already won a lion's share of critical accolades and year-end honors.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View