And the Awards Go To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 13 2012 5:00 AM ET
Actor in Margin Call
A newly out gay celebrity and the sexiest Spock yet does double duty with Margin Call, a thriller set in the thick of the financial crisis. Quinto, 34, who appears in the Sundance breakout film with a star-studded cast (Kevin Spacey, Demi Moore, Stanley Tucci, Jeremy Irons, and Paul Bettany), also produced the movie. "We wanted to get behind it for a number of reasons, not only creatively, but also socially," he told IndieWire of this auspicious debut for his production company, Before the Door Pictures. "That was really interesting to us. The fact it scared us and the fact that there was a lot to tackle made us realize it was the right project." The film and its ensemble cast have variously been nominated for the Gotham Awards and Independent Spirit Awards, among others, and the movie has received two National Board of Review Awards.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Theater Five Decades Remembered At the Flash 13 min 40 sec ago
- Film Why is Behind the Candelabra Like Valley of the Dolls? 53 min 2 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 6:00 AM
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Scout Comes Out to Camp Leader 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM