And the Awards Go To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 13 2012 4:00 AM ET
Actor in Margin Call
A newly out gay celebrity and the sexiest Spock yet does double duty with Margin Call, a thriller set in the thick of the financial crisis. Quinto, 34, who appears in the Sundance breakout film with a star-studded cast (Kevin Spacey, Demi Moore, Stanley Tucci, Jeremy Irons, and Paul Bettany), also produced the movie. "We wanted to get behind it for a number of reasons, not only creatively, but also socially," he told IndieWire of this auspicious debut for his production company, Before the Door Pictures. "That was really interesting to us. The fact it scared us and the fact that there was a lot to tackle made us realize it was the right project." The film and its ensemble cast have variously been nominated for the Gotham Awards and Independent Spirit Awards, among others, and the movie has received two National Board of Review Awards.
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes 7 min 14 sec ago
- Couples/Personal Finances Employee Benefits in the wake of DOMA’s Overturn 25 min 11 sec ago
- Women Pussy Riot To Be Freed 38 min 32 sec ago
- Television Meet the New Queens of RuPaul's Drag Race 2 hours 12 min ago
- Women WATCH: Real-Life Girlfriends Bria & Chrissy on '10 Things Lesbians Do on Saturdays' 2 hours 14 min ago
- Travel Stockholm Pride Sent an FU to Putin 2 hours 26 min ago
- Sports WATCH: Sportscaster Denies Calling Kansas Jayhawks 'Gayhawks' 2 hours 56 min ago