And the Awards Go To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 13 2012 5:00 AM ET
Actor in Margin Call
A newly out gay celebrity and the sexiest Spock yet does double duty with Margin Call, a thriller set in the thick of the financial crisis. Quinto, 34, who appears in the Sundance breakout film with a star-studded cast (Kevin Spacey, Demi Moore, Stanley Tucci, Jeremy Irons, and Paul Bettany), also produced the movie. "We wanted to get behind it for a number of reasons, not only creatively, but also socially," he told IndieWire of this auspicious debut for his production company, Before the Door Pictures. "That was really interesting to us. The fact it scared us and the fact that there was a lot to tackle made us realize it was the right project." The film and its ensemble cast have variously been nominated for the Gotham Awards and Independent Spirit Awards, among others, and the movie has received two National Board of Review Awards.
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- San Francisco Mourns Death of Legendary Drag Performer
- WATCH: Cute Gay Teen Explains Homosexuality and the Bible
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- Britney Spears Heartfelt Letter to Once Suicidal Gay Fan
- BREAKING: The WHO Might Finally Rule Homosexuality is Not a Mental Disorder