And the Awards Go To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 13 2012 5:00 AM ET
Actor in Margin Call
A newly out gay celebrity and the sexiest Spock yet does double duty with Margin Call, a thriller set in the thick of the financial crisis. Quinto, 34, who appears in the Sundance breakout film with a star-studded cast (Kevin Spacey, Demi Moore, Stanley Tucci, Jeremy Irons, and Paul Bettany), also produced the movie. "We wanted to get behind it for a number of reasons, not only creatively, but also socially," he told IndieWire of this auspicious debut for his production company, Before the Door Pictures. "That was really interesting to us. The fact it scared us and the fact that there was a lot to tackle made us realize it was the right project." The film and its ensemble cast have variously been nominated for the Gotham Awards and Independent Spirit Awards, among others, and the movie has received two National Board of Review Awards.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence? 28 min 5 sec ago
- Film New Man Of Steel and Wolverine Trailers Debut 2 hours 31 min ago
- Travel Top 10 Ways to Score and Upgrade on Your Next Flight 8:27 AM
- Travel A Perfect Day in Rio 7:59 AM
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 5:30 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 4:34 AM
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 4:00 AM