And the Awards Go To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 13 2012 5:00 AM ET
Actor in Margin Call
A newly out gay celebrity and the sexiest Spock yet does double duty with Margin Call, a thriller set in the thick of the financial crisis. Quinto, 34, who appears in the Sundance breakout film with a star-studded cast (Kevin Spacey, Demi Moore, Stanley Tucci, Jeremy Irons, and Paul Bettany), also produced the movie. "We wanted to get behind it for a number of reasons, not only creatively, but also socially," he told IndieWire of this auspicious debut for his production company, Before the Door Pictures. "That was really interesting to us. The fact it scared us and the fact that there was a lot to tackle made us realize it was the right project." The film and its ensemble cast have variously been nominated for the Gotham Awards and Independent Spirit Awards, among others, and the movie has received two National Board of Review Awards.
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 24 min 7 sec ago
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop Dolan to NFL Hopeful Michael Sam: 'Bravo' UPDATED: March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM