And the Awards Go To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 13 2012 5:00 AM ET
Musician, "Gathering Stories" from We Bought a Zoo
Director Cameron Crowe tapped gay Sigur Rós front man and solo album artist Jónsi, 36, to create the soundtrack for his family film We Bought a Zoo. Though it was a seemingly surprising move to select a man whose Icelandic band has been described as making Radiohead sound accessible, the choice was ultimately genius. The lush, ethereal, and otherworldly tracks that feature Jónsi's signature high-pitched, insistent vocals and grand arrangements have garnered critical praise, and "Gathering Stories" has been shortlisted for an Academy Award for Best Original Song.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'