And the Awards Go To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 13 2012 4:00 AM ET
Musician, "Gathering Stories" from We Bought a Zoo
Director Cameron Crowe tapped gay Sigur Rós front man and solo album artist Jónsi, 36, to create the soundtrack for his family film We Bought a Zoo. Though it was a seemingly surprising move to select a man whose Icelandic band has been described as making Radiohead sound accessible, the choice was ultimately genius. The lush, ethereal, and otherworldly tracks that feature Jónsi's signature high-pitched, insistent vocals and grand arrangements have garnered critical praise, and "Gathering Stories" has been shortlisted for an Academy Award for Best Original Song.
- Media PHOTOS: Adam Lambert, Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer, Fergie at TrevorLIVE Benefit December 09 2013 9:41 PM
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback December 09 2013 4:10 PM