And the Awards Go To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 13 2012 5:00 AM ET
Musician, "Gathering Stories" from We Bought a Zoo
Director Cameron Crowe tapped gay Sigur Rós front man and solo album artist Jónsi, 36, to create the soundtrack for his family film We Bought a Zoo. Though it was a seemingly surprising move to select a man whose Icelandic band has been described as making Radiohead sound accessible, the choice was ultimately genius. The lush, ethereal, and otherworldly tracks that feature Jónsi's signature high-pitched, insistent vocals and grand arrangements have garnered critical praise, and "Gathering Stories" has been shortlisted for an Academy Award for Best Original Song.
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- New ABC Talker Laura Ingraham Has Antigay Record
- Op-ed: I'm a Gay Guy at a Christian College
- WATCH: Ala. Woman Charged With Murder of Son's Boyfriend
- WATCH: Sprint Sends Customer Email to 'Gay Sissyboy'