And the Awards Go To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 13 2012 5:00 AM ET
Musician, "Gathering Stories" from We Bought a Zoo
Director Cameron Crowe tapped gay Sigur Rós front man and solo album artist Jónsi, 36, to create the soundtrack for his family film We Bought a Zoo. Though it was a seemingly surprising move to select a man whose Icelandic band has been described as making Radiohead sound accessible, the choice was ultimately genius. The lush, ethereal, and otherworldly tracks that feature Jónsi's signature high-pitched, insistent vocals and grand arrangements have garnered critical praise, and "Gathering Stories" has been shortlisted for an Academy Award for Best Original Song.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar