And the Awards Go To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 13 2012 4:00 AM ET
Musician, "Gathering Stories" from We Bought a Zoo
Director Cameron Crowe tapped gay Sigur Rós front man and solo album artist Jónsi, 36, to create the soundtrack for his family film We Bought a Zoo. Though it was a seemingly surprising move to select a man whose Icelandic band has been described as making Radiohead sound accessible, the choice was ultimately genius. The lush, ethereal, and otherworldly tracks that feature Jónsi's signature high-pitched, insistent vocals and grand arrangements have garnered critical praise, and "Gathering Stories" has been shortlisted for an Academy Award for Best Original Song.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon Like This
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 31 min 51 sec ago
- Music WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music 2 hours 1 min ago
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM