Sherry Vine: I Advocate...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 15 2012 5:00 AM ET
...Let's Cure AIDS
In the past few years a man was reportedly cured of HIV through a stem cell transplant. Let's Cure AIDS is a foundation established to build on what doctors learned from that patient and raise the money necessary to develop a broadly applicable cure for AIDS. In addition, Let's Cure AIDS is trying to reinvigorate the sense of urgency around developing a cure for the disease — not treatment, a real cure — by hosting regular fund-raising and awareness-raising events with talented performers, artists, and personalities. I am proud to be a part of this organization's team. LetsCureAIDS.org
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.