Oscar Party LGBT Movie-Themed Cocktails
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 25 2012 2:40 PM ET
Who cares if you can't make it to the red carpet in Hollywood? The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force has created an Oscar-themed Party Kit that you can download to have a delightfully queer Academy Awards bash in your own home. Now's time to remember that the awards have often honored films (from Milk to Boys Don't Cry and The Color Purple) that move us forward in the search for equality. Hopefully the 84th Academy Awards will do the same. The kit, which you can download at here, offers trivia, games, and LGBT movie themed cocktails and mocktails. Here are a few of our faves.
Albert’s Nobb (based on the cross-dressing main character in Albert Nobbs)
3/4 oz sweet vermouth
2 1/2 oz bourbon whiskey
1 dash Angostura® bitters
1 maraschino cherry
1 twist orange peel
Directions: Combine the vermouth, bourbon whiskey, and bitters with two to three ice cubes in a mixing glass. Stir gently, don't bruise the spirits and cloud the drink. Place the cherry in a chilled cocktail glass and strain the whiskey mixture over the cherry. Rub the cut edge of the orange peel over the rim of the glass and twist it over the drink to release the oils but don't drop it in.
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'