Oscar Party LGBT Movie-Themed Cocktails
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 25 2012 2:40 PM ET
Beginner’s Cosmo (named for Christopher Plummer's coming out film Beginners)
2 ounces vodka
1 ounce Cointreau liqueur
1/8-1/4 ounce cranberry juice
1/2 lime, juice of
Directions: Add vodka to a cocktail strainer half filled with ice and shake about 10 times. Add Cointreau and juices and swirl to mix. Strain into cold martini glass that has been rimmed with sugar or vanilla sugar if desired.
Marilyn’s Martini (yeah, we're claiming My Week with Marilyn as gay-adjacent)
1 1/2 oz Gin
1 tsp Grenadine
1 tsp Light Cream
1 whole Egg White
Directions: Shake well with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'