Oscar Party LGBT Movie-Themed Cocktails
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 25 2012 2:40 PM ET
Beginner’s Cosmo (named for Christopher Plummer's coming out film Beginners)
2 ounces vodka
1 ounce Cointreau liqueur
1/8-1/4 ounce cranberry juice
1/2 lime, juice of
Directions: Add vodka to a cocktail strainer half filled with ice and shake about 10 times. Add Cointreau and juices and swirl to mix. Strain into cold martini glass that has been rimmed with sugar or vanilla sugar if desired.
Marilyn’s Martini (yeah, we're claiming My Week with Marilyn as gay-adjacent)
1 1/2 oz Gin
1 tsp Grenadine
1 tsp Light Cream
1 whole Egg White
Directions: Shake well with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Hillary Clinton's Rainbow Logo Leads Politicians Proclaiming 'Love Can't Wait'
- PHOTOS: The Scene at the Supreme Court As Marriage Equality is Considered
- See Where the Nation Stands On Marriage Equality — In One Graphic
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: Hosting Ted Cruz Isn't Just Offensive to LGBT People
- Meet the People Waiting in Line for History